Dr. Iris Geis
Lawyer (Rechtsanwältin), Specialised Lawyer
Dr. Iris Geis studied law at the University of Passau and completed her doctorate in Hamburg. She worked as an assistant in the Department of European Affairs at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Economics, and Business Administration at the University of Bamberg, and advised on foreign trade, industry, and law at the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce. She also served as parliamentary assistant to Professor Karpen – a member of Hamburg’s state parliament – as well as advised the European Association of Legislation (EAL).
As an attorney specializing in family law, Dr. Geis’s practice focuses on providing counsel to private clients on national and international family law.
- 1987 - 1992 Study of Law at the University of Passau
Foreign language education for legal practitioners English, French and Spanish
- 1992 - 1994 Legal Traineeship in Landshut, Bamberg, Würzburg and Hamburg
Assistant at the Department of European Affairs at the Faculty of Economics, University of Bamberg
Chamber of Commerce Hamburg, Foreign Trade, Industry and Law
- 1994 Second State Exam in Law
- 1994 Parliamentary Assistant to Prof. Karpen, Member of the State Parliament
- EAL European Association of Legislation
- 1997 Admitted to the German bar
- 1998 Doctorate in Law Dr. jur.