Limited / Ltd.
UK Limited companies have become commonplace in Germany since the European Court of Justice ruled issued rulings in 2002 permitting cross-border use of business legal forms within the European Union. If you are interested in filing an application for a UK Limited, GRP Rainer LLP can assist you and advise you on operating the UK Limited in Germany.
Once your application to form a UK Limited company is approved by the United Kingdom Companies House (Britain’s business registry office), you will likely have questions regarding operating a UK Limited firm in Germany. The attorneys at GRP Rainer LLP are equipped to address questions and provide viable solutions on English fiscal law and the law of business associations for companies operating in Germany and England.
Accounting Requirements of UK Limited Companies in Germany
We can also assist you with certain accounting activities associated with your UK Limited company. These requirements include:
- Ensuring that any person employed by the company is
- paying income taxes appropriately;
- Filing an annual accounting with the UK Companies House;
- Filing an annual return with the UK Companies House; and
- Filing an annual HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) corporate tax return.
Common Issues that Arise from UK Limited Companies
Clients interested in filing a UK Limited business entity in Germany often have questions regarding tax implications and fiscal requirements by the English and German governments. Common questions include:
- Does the UK limited corporation pay taxes in England or Germany?
- Does the UK limited corporation have to pay taxes in England if taxable profits were generated from outside the United Kingdom?
- If all administrative work and assets are based in Germany, does the company pay corporate taxes in the UK?
- If the board of directors meet in the UK, and accounting and bookkeeping are performed in the UK, is the company liable for German taxation?
- Are personal taxes for employees of UK limiteds based in Germany paid in the UK or in Germany?
- Is there a minimum in equity required to establish a UK Limited?
Our German business law firm is well equipped to answer complex questions as well as basic ones such as, “What are the advantages of organizing a UK limited company instead of a GmbH?”
How GRP Rainer LLP Can Help
If you are interested in forming and operating a UK Limited in Germany, GRP Rainer LLP can assist you. Our English-speaking German business lawyers are adept at completing and filing all necessary paperwork in accordance with rules set by Companies House and can quickly set up a UK Limited in Germany for you. If you have questions regarding forming a UK Limited Company in Germany, contact us today.